Saturday, May 20, 2023

CST 363 Journal #4, Week #4

 Briefly summarize what you have learned in the course so far. List at least 5 things:

1) Learned proper teamwork. While working on Project #1, I learned how to split up tasks in a project properly and learn from others as well.

2) How to study more effectively. I am learning more and more how to allocate time to my homework so that I'm not stressed or under pressure at the last minute. Watching many videos online and soaking in the material has made me understand more the applications I am working with and give me more knowledge in the field.

3) Of course, learning the ropes of MySQL and database systems. When I was first doing the homework, it was difficult for me to learn certain concepts. Such as, joining many tables. I was wrestling with a homework assignment for a long time stuck on a certain problem, but when I got help I figured out right away the correct way to do joins. Then, after watching videos, taking notes, and getting help, I learned the correct way of how to code in MySQL workbench and use the tools I've learned to solve problems more effectively and easily. 

4) To attend office hours. I notice that if I need help, I should definitely go get it. When attending office hours, I have gained crucial help that made a difference in my journey with MySQL overall. 

5)Brief knowledge on using Spring with Eclipse and MySQL. I learned briefly through the lecture video in this week, week 4, how to utilize the framework Spring in coalition with Eclipse and MySQL and connecting to the Spring application. It was exciting to learn about application development in further detail through this video, and I look forward to using the concepts learned in the upcoming projects!


List at least 3 questions you  have about databases that have not been covered in the course so far:

1. How can I design and implement a database that can handle high traffic and scalability requirements?

2. What are the different database indexing techniques available, and how do they impact query performance?

3. How can I handle concurrency and ensure data consistency in a multi-user database environment?

No comments:

Post a Comment

CST 462S - Service Learning

Overall, my experience working as a volunteer for NTS was great and I wouldn't have changed it any way! What went well?  I'd say ove...