Monday, February 13, 2023

Week 6 Learning Journal

 Part 1: Help Your Teammates to Develop Capstone Ideas

We discussed our ideas together and Amela and I want to both do a mobile application. Oscar wants to make a website for data structures and algorithms that is a learning website. We discussed how we are passionate about these topics and went into further detail about how we would utilize the course material to make these capstone dreams a reality. 

Part 2: Keep Up With Your Learning Journal

What I learned from the video, "What companies are looking for in new hires" by Dr. Tao is that a lot of soft skills are highly valued in the workforce today. The list of them goes: dependable, communication, solve problems, teamwork, proactive, integrity, flexibility, confidence, learn, tech skills. My favorite out of these skills would probably be integrity. Having someone in the workplace who doesn't gossip on others, and who does their work wholeheartedly with no shady practices is a highly valuable asset today. With these people, you can trust them that they won't do something behind your back or see profit as over everything else. When it comes down to the wire, they will do what is right, not what would perhaps benefit them the most, if given the chance. 

I also watched the "Cracking the Coding Interview" video and learned what essential knowledge you should know going into the CS career field. I also learned a bit more about Big O, interview tactics, and more. 

As for our final presentation, we have a framework of what we are going to do and have outlined the different parts of the assignment. We plan to even meet in person to get things going faster. 

Lastly, I want to give an update about the Self Development book I am reading -- I learned about the football coach, Dungy, and how he used the habit loop in order to transform an entire football team from the lowest of losers to Superbowl Champions. It was so interesting reading this book this week and I look forward to continue reading it - as well as changing my habit loops (cue, routine, reward) so that they will benefit me in the years to come!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

CST 462S - Service Learning

Overall, my experience working as a volunteer for NTS was great and I wouldn't have changed it any way! What went well?  I'd say ove...